Alina Byrne · (Protagonist
)
Alina Byrne
Location: Lumiere District @ Haut de Bellemare Community Theatre
Outfit: Alina fit
Date: Dec 21st
Time: 7:00PM
Video: Play until 1:47, it's mainly the speaking parts

It had been years since I was on stage. When I was younger, I wanted to be a Broadway star, much like Idina Menzel, the Queen of Broadway. I even had a daydream where Idina was my real mother. She wasn't just Maureen or Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West, but she was my mom, and I her long-lost daughter. You see, I was lost at birth. She didn't give me away, I was just lost. One day I'd meet her on the stage. One day she'd know that it was me, her daughter, and I'd know it was her, my real mother. Daydreams were just a fine line from reality. I had to believe that dreams could happen. If I didn't then I would have no purpose in being here. As I approach the last few hauls of my twenties, I wanted to continue seeking those dreams I had when I was a little girl. I owe it to her to try. I've only had that same feeling I got while I was on stage with one person. One Wolf. An Alpha. I had to ask him to come, although I felt selfish in doing so. It was his birthday. He probably had a ton of better things to do. I wasn't even sure if he'd show, but when I got the email back that I had an audition, he was the first person I wanted to tell.

He was the only person I told. I was too old to have a breakthrough in Broadway, but I wasn't too old to have fun. The time was now. I had my headshots, resume, and a demo of myself singing an excerpt from the movie clutched underneath my armpit. I was auditioning for the role of "Sophie" in Mamma Mia. I was shooting for the stars with that one, I'd be lucky to be cast as Rosie, Donna's best friend. There were two production members on the stands before the stage judging the performances. One I knew was an Associate Director of the production, the other I wasn't quite sure. After extensive research and tips, I selected a song that wasn't from the musical. The music wasn't all, I had to prove I could act as well. I was to act out the beginning of "Honey, Honey" with two supporting actors.

My mouth was dry and my hands were so very shakey. I peeked behind the red curtains, watching as the girl before me rocked their worlds. Liquid courage. A blond boy with a Draco Malfoy cut popped up behind me causing me to jump and drop my headshots on the floor. The headshots were wet with sweat so I rubbed them on my dress before holding them tightly in my arms. A little something to take the edge of. The boy had a shot in his hand. I wasn't even sure what it was but I took it from his hands so fast. I downed the shot with a wince and a gasp. Eugh I stuck out my tongue, What was that?I handed him back the glass and rubbed my mouth with my forearm. Alina Olivia Byrne. The Director called from behind the curtains. Good luck. The boy said.

I took deep breaths and made my way to the stage. The lights from above blinded me and I searched for him. It was as if I couldn't start until I saw him, but I couldn't see crap. I stepped off the stage to hand them the headshots and paperwork, but they waved me away. No, no, no...We don't need that. The lady spoke, she had on black cat eyeglasses, and dark hair pulled tightly into a bun.  I made my way back upstage, holding up my dress to avoid an embarrassing fall. I didn't have a diary for the scene so I figured I'd use my portfolio. Okay Alina Byrne. The Director, pulls the glasses down to her lips, watching me from behind her papers. You are auditioning for the role of Sophie. And why should we cast you in this role? She asked bluntly. Yes...I am...Alina. Oh, I wanted to crawl under a bridge right now.

I...I resonate a lot with Sophie. She's fun, a hopeless romantic, and dreams of finding her biological father. I too long to find my biological father one day. She reminds me so much of myself. This is my favorite musical and I'm a big fan of ABBA. Oh, did I say too much? Oh crap, I said too much. Okay, go on. She waves at me, emotionless. I turn to the two supporting actors, looking once more at the empty crowd, hoping to see my Sky.

Where are you, Sawyer?

The lights were too bright and blinding. The show must go on...So where's he at? Your Sky, we're dying to meet him!The supporting actor began, I could ask myself the same dang thing. I've got a secret, and I could only tell you two. I grabbed both the ladies' arms and lead them to the edge of the stage. Oh god, you're pregnant! She gasped. Noo I shook my head. I invited my dad to the wedding! I clutched onto the "diary". Your dad? One of my supporting actresses questioned. You mean you finally found him? The other chimed in. Sooo...Not exactly. But look what I found on my mom's desk...

Oh god, I think I'm going to throw up. Where are you, Sky?

Re: The End of The World · Posted Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:14 pm
Vincent Byrne · (Protagonist
)
Vincent Byrne
OOC: Loop music before reading ty everything above the first line break. After that feel free to listen to whatever you want.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 22, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. ‘Been tryin’ t’get you on the phone since Sunday, guess you prob’ly been out partyin’. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Been wonderin’ how the weather is down there in the great state of Californ-i-a. Let me tell ya’ I aint seen this much snow since the 70s. *chuckles then exhales* Don’t tell yer mom I said that. *Sighs* Anywho, get me back when ya’ can.

December 20th, 2022
I exhaled sharply, spraying blood and saliva across the concrete as I got pummeled by a basement dweller that went by the ring name “Thor”. My arms cradled my head in a defensive position, and they took blow after blow while his knee dug into my side, pinning me to the ring floor.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 23, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. Y’know when I called the other day I forgot t’ask ya’... I ‘been cleanin’ out the storage. Yep, believe it. Yer moms not gonna have bullshit to nag me about once I finish. I’ll be a free man. *chuckles* Anywho- Ya’ want me to hold onto these old comic books? Some a’ them look like they been swallowed then come out the wrong end of somethin’ I don’t know what. Get back at me when ya’ can.

December 20th, 2022
I followed the rhythm of his attack and moved my arms on the strong beat, creating a one second window of attack. I grunted as I headbutted him, and pain instantly began radiating out from the area of impact. But it was worse for him. He pulled away, covering his nose with his hands as he pulled himself to his feet, blood slowly oozing out between his fingers.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 25, 2011
Heyya kid… It’s your old man. Where are ya’? Surfin’? Chasin’ tail? Well whatever you’re up to I just wanted to wish my boy a Merry Christmas. Mom wants to know if you got your package. Between you and me she’s been gettin’ fired up about UPS for no good reason. *Whispers* I think she’s got the hots for the delivery guy. *Inaudible banter and rustling. Moms voice can be heard:* “Dios Mio! Do not listen to your father mijo! He’s been drinking since before noon!” *Laughter* Give me that phone woman- Oh shit I think the roast beast is on fire! Gotta jet Vinny- Get back at me when ya’ can! *More laughter- Call ends abruptly*

December 20th, 2022
Everything hurt as I pulled myself upright and held my fists in front of my chin. I’d been in the ring with this fucker for so long the crowd had gone quiet. And I could fucking see him recovering. The pain I’d caused him was no longer debilitating and he was running at me, all three-hundred-and-fifty pounds hurling itself at me like a bowling ball and I was nothing but the last pin needed to win the game. I had plenty of time to move. I really fucking did. But my hands dropped. And I just stood there.

You have 1 new voicemail: December 28, 2011
Hey son… It’s yer dad. I aint heard from ya’ in a while. I don’t wanna bother you too much. I know you got yer new life in california and yer out there sewin’ yer wild oats. As you should. But I was thinkin’- How about a visit? You could come up or me n’ mom could come down. We could pick up that idiot cousin of yers, make a family trip of it. You know I aint been to Long Beach since… Well shit, since before you were born. Would love to see some palm trees again. Anywho… I just wanted to say I sure do miss ya’... I love you son… Buhbye.

December 20th, 2022
He made contact, and I felt like I’d been hit by a bus. I went down, and fucking hard. Only this time when he started hitting me in the head I didn’t raise my arms. No defense. I took hit after hit, and blow after blow…

You have 1 new voicemail: December 29, 2011
Mijo… Something has happened… *voice cracks* You need to call me as soon as you can… *gasps* It’s about your father…

December 20th, 2022
I could feel everything. Smell the blood. Taste the copper…

And for some reason…

All I could fucking think about were stupid fucking palm trees.

December 21st, 2022 - Present
Appearance: Black eye, fat lip, a lot of other scattered bruising, scrapes, and cuts. threads and other wearable things

”A Monster with Eight Eyes”

My birthday fucking sucked...

Onyx? I chewed at the skin around my nails, cannibalizing myself as I zoned out at the falling snow outside my window… If that gave you any fucking idea of how little I wanted to be here, so little I’d rather eat myself alive than have to spend another fucking second in this room. Onyx… The frustration in Tess’ voice always came diluted with something sweeter, something softer. She had a way of padding negative emotions in down feathers, then dressing them up in silk… Never wanting you to land too hard after she pulled the rug out from under you.

I looked around the room, which had gone silent. I was surrounded by a monster with eight eyes that couldn’t seem to find anything more interesting to look at than me. And I glared at every one of them. And? I dropped my hand, exhaling sharply as I glanced at the front door. Escape. It was only a few feet away from me and the bitter cold outside seemed a worthy sacrifice for a moments peace.I just- We just... Wanted you to know that… We… Her voice, which had started so confident, was losing volume as her fragmented sentence went on. Suddenly she didn’t have the courage to stare at me anymore either. And I may have been slow on the uptake but I was beginning to piece together what this shit was about.

I now glared directly at Logan and only Logan. You told them? The tone of my voice triggered a look of shock on Tess’ face. No hoa hānau! I was only- He sat with his elbows propped on his knees, nervously fiddling with his watch as he went on with whatever fucking excuses he had quick access to. Fuck this shit! What did I say? What did I fucking say would happen if we- Finns actions matched his harsh tone as he jumped to his feet and carried on bitching, which caused Loui to exhale loudly out his nose before pulling himself upright to stare daggers at Finn. All of this only sent Tess into a panic. I didn’t mean- I just- Please I’m so sorry! I could hear it in her voice, she was trying not to cry, and I could feel myself getting increasingly pissed the fuck off as everyone talked over one another. But I just kept staring at Logan who stared right back. Only his expression didn’t mirror mine… Why the fuck would he tell them?

The fight club shit is stupid- That’s what she meant to say- Finn glared at me, shoving past Loui so he could enter the kitchen where he went straight for the liquor on top of my fridge. Finn! Tess’ gaze followed her brothers movements as far as her body would physically let her without falling over, and then she looked back toward me. She propped herself up on her knees, sitting on the back of her ankles after scooting closer to my armchair, and looked up at me with glossy eyes. Onyx I’d never say that. I’d never say that anything you did was stupid. She reached for my hand and I nervously looked around the room as I rejected her efforts at physical touch, and brought my hand up to scratch my jaw. Look at you cuh! You don’t just look like you got hit by a bus, you look like you got ran over by all ten tires before the driver reversed and hit you again. I didn’t have to tell them anything- You’re wearin’ your secrets. My stare moved from him to Tess, who rejected my rejection of physical touch and reached further into my space to grab my hand anyway. We just don’t want to see you hurt. She whispered, and Finn snorted in the kitchen, laughing with a mouthful of vodka which started dribbling out his mouth and onto my floor. Don’t fucking waste it idiot.

Did you at least win? Loui asked lowly, and then there was a moments pause. People that didn’t know him likely weren’t tuned into his frequency enough to even know the guy actually had plenty to say, he just didn’t care if everyone heard or not, and definitely never said it twice. Loui! Tess’ jaw dropped as she stared at him, and I could see Logans shoulders bouncing from his quiet laughter. Finn was less discreet about how funny he found the question, laughing obnoxiously loud in the kitchen with a mouth full of peanuts as he poured himself a mixed drink of vodka and gin. Brutal. Even Loui cracked a smile. Fine, if none of you are going to take this seriously- Tess stood up and began storming out of the room. Awww come on Tess! Logan called after her through fits of laughter- I’ll get her. Finn said as he followed down the hall, and Logan stood up to grab Loui by the shoulder. He look like he won to you broha?

The two of them started to spar like fucking children as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I hadn’t even realized I was also smiling until I dug it out and noticed my reflection in the black glass, and then the time… Fuck! I’m gonna be late! I darted for the door, grabbing a jacket on the way out. I could hear Lo asking where I was going but the door was already closing behind me.

You better not be fucking late. I was stupidly running down the front steps which were now covered in ice. My boots had no traction, and I slipped, hitting my tailbone right on the bottom step, and a split second later my head hit the top. Fucker! I immediately heard Logan cracking up, his loud fucking mouth muffled by the glass and walls that separated us. My eyes looked up at the upside down fuckhead in the front window, holding the curtains open and laughing so hard his face had gone bright red. Meanwhile I was contorting my body like Emily Rose, one hand at my back, the other at my head as I groaned and twisted in pain. I did manage to get to my feet eventually, hobbled to my truck, and just barely got the engine started. Please don’t be fucking late...

”Eight days.”

This day was usually ground zero. The beginning stretch of an eight day period that led to one of the worst days of my life. I guess it was stupid. To be a living being so fucking incapable of coping with death, lifes one and only inevitability. The stains of pain I’d tried so fucking hard to wipe out of my memory came with side effects I hadn’t the courage or capability to comprehend. I had my suspicions, and had for some time, that something wasn’t right in my head anymore. I hadn’t been right in the head for a long time but this was different. It seemed that loss and I were as inevitable as death was to life. I couldn’t stop fucking losing. Losing fights, losing people, losing my own goddamn mind…

If this bullshit had taught me anything, it was that karma was a just but bitter bitch. How fitting it was for all the times I’d taken a scalpel to the minds of those I claimed to love, and surgically removed pieces of their past under the guise of protection. I was the devil playing God- Like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Only for me, there was no one to give me back what I was losing. And now I had no choice but to view time through a different lens. One without the usual blissful filter of ignorance. I had to wake every day and remember just how finite everything truly fucking was, because soon, I wouldn’t even remember that.

If there was any living soul I wanted to spend this bullshit fucking day with, it was her. It was always fucking her. She was the only person to change the game. To take my hateful and fateful eight days and give me a moment to be grateful for in so many ways. My wife. I didn’t regret it. Making her my wife. Everyone said we would. I guess they didn’t believe something so fucking spontaneous could mean anything. But I’d experienced enough to know that it was the unexpected shit that could stick with you forever. A missed call. A death. A life. A wife…

I stepped on the gas, weaving around pussies too afraid to go the speed limit in the snow as I made my way down the 101. I was trying to get stupid fucking google maps to stop avoiding highways before I got off and found myself in the middle of the wealthy neighborhoods of Haven… Fuck, I can imagine those 911 calls. Mexican, beat the fuck up, driving a truck older than 2020? Obviously that meant I was there to steal something or rape someone since the season dictated I cleary wasn’t there to trim their hedges. Fuck, I hate Haven.

Seeing the time on my phone only made me drive faster, and I nearly missed my exit. I had to cross over three lanes to get onto the off ramp, and ended up hitting a patch of ice that sent my tail end squirrelly. Don’t get stuck behind any snow plows and you’ll make it. I thought to myself as I turned onto the main road…

”Eight miles.”

By the time I arrived, I had eight miles left before my tank was dry. I hadn’t even noticed until I was pulling into the tiny parking lot that I was so low. But I did make it on time. Well… Sort of… It was three minutes ‘til, and the only spot that wasn’t taken or being used to store a fucking mountain of a snowbank was at the back… Fuck… I zipped around and pulled in as quickly as I could, and before the clock could change to 6:58 I was already out of the vehicle and rushing toward the entrance. But the entire ground was compact ice, not unlike the bullshit that was welded to my front steps. I growled as I moved my feet but they just slid over the surface, pulling me down to the low points of the lot… I felt like I was in a Tom and Jerry cartoon, my feet spinning around frantically without actually going anywhere because Tom had me by the fucking tail. My eyes flashed white as I grabbed onto the back of a prius, and pulled myself along using all of the parked cars as support. Fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this!

My phone read seven on the dot by the time I passed through the doors. I could feel my heart beating in my chest. Fuck, I can already smell her. I ran, using nothing but scent and sound alone to find the right room. I opened the door quickly but carefully and quietly let it close as I stared up at the stage. Don’t fuck this up for her. I stayed at the back, slipping into the nearest seat by feel alone, unable to tear my eyes away from the stage as she appeared. I sighed like I’d been in nothing but agony and only now after setting eyes on her felt a moments relief. She looks hot as fuck.

I glared in the direction of the woman that had been calling her name. Why the fuck did she ask her that question? Was she blind? Just fucking look at her and you’ll have your answer. Truth was I fucking hated theater. I always had and probably always would. I’d rather let my eyes be used as pin cushions and listen to an entire album of nails clawing down a chalkboard than sit through five minutes of what was it called? Hairbrush? Hair… Body Spray? Hairspray? Then again… Nobody in that shit movie looked like Lina… It’s why it took me so little time to determine this woman must’ve been a fucking moron. She’d proven herself dumb and blind, only time would tell if Helen Keller was deaf too.

You got this Lina… Fuck she seemed nervous. Maybe I should move closer. I looked around at the empty seats and for a minute didn’t even realize the show had started. I even got angry… Who the fuck is Sky? I glared as realization set in that he wasn't even real, and I quickly moved up several rows and walked in toward the center to get a better view… And no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t shut my fucking eyes off. She looks so fucking good. It wasn't easy, but I had to just close them. They stood out like two stupid flashlights in my skull. So I just listened. And when I felt like I had a grip, I opened them again.

Maybe this birthday wasn't so bad...

Re: The End of The World · Posted Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:19 pm
)
Alina Byrne

The light shun bright, but I was brighter. My dream was finally becoming a reality, and I would no longer allow my wishes to live in the confines of a fairytale. Why had I been allowing myself to live trapped in a tower like Rapzunel for so long? Even worse a culprit than Rapunzel as I was doing it to myself. Well, that ends today...I would no longer be the obstacle at the foot of the bed keeping me from my destination. For years my momma would ask me when I was going to audition for theatre again, and I'd tell her someday. Well someday is today. Time was going faster than it ever had been. The best was yet to come, I'd recite in the mirror almost every morning. I had to believe that the best could come back again and choose to stay this time. Would he show up? Or was that the exception to my new found way of thinking? If I didn't land the part this time, I'd get it next time. When the time is right. Life doesn't end at thirty, to be honest, your thirties were beginning to trend like your twenties. This generation has really changed things and I was happy to be a part of the movement. Still, I wished for a happy family of my own some day, the kinds the generations before me longed for. Sure, I could live happily ever after with Luna by my side, but I knew that lifestyle would never fulfill me. I wanted babies. I wanted a husband. My Husband. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I'm the all or nothing kind of love. And all though the lights were blinding, there was a darkness that swallowed me whole. Volume 10, Issue 1 - "Don't they know it's the end of the world? It ended when you said, "Good-bye".

When you said goodbye, someone forgot to pay all the light bills, and I was left in the dark for months. Winter came and the need for electricity grew stronger, but I refused to pay the bill or switch to another company. You see, I wanted to use the joint account, the one we owned together, the future we were building and investing in. When I say all or nothing, I mean that I couldn't just get a new account. Even now as I stood here waiting to find the courage to start, I found myself waiting for the courage to arrive, my sky. It wasn't that I couldn't do it alone. That wasn't the case at all. I would do this with him or no one at all, that's the point I've been trying to get at. Tisn't rocket science, my British narrator voice said.

But what if he didn't want me back?

That's why he didn't show. The image I had upstairs was nothing but a hoax, the one exception to no more fantasies. He had left me so many clues, red flags that I chose to ignore time and time again. Any time he liked another girl's photo on Link it brought back painful memories of what happened between us, and don't get me wrong, it wasn't like I was refreshing his page every five seconds to see his activity. It was more like every ten seconds. If we're being honest, it was just daily, which I didn't find totally completely unhealthy. Maybe I just had to get it out of my system? I had noticed there was one girl in particular he was handing out likes to like if he was volunteering for a food drive. I hated her and her freaking dimples already. There was a fine line between jealously and downright territorial, those lines often hazed when it came to me. Was he seeing someone else and said yes to spare my feelings?

If he was, I'd be alright. I had to tell myself that, but the thought alone made me want to freaking hurl all over the stage, to think that thinking about it would likely enhance my performance. All these emotions I was feeling, I had no choice but to channel it and let them pour onto the stage. The acting portion of the audition ended and now the spotlight was back to the center, I followed the lights and found my Sky - Bullseye. It took mere seconds to register that he had been there all along, his intense eyes piercing through me like a pair of lasers. I had been so freaking nervous that I hadn't noticed him come in at first. For months he had disappeared somewhere and now he was back, blinding me with how good he looked, how good he was. We were both silent, eyes on each other, and I knew that he knew I was performing for him.

Okay, Miss Alina Byrne, your song and why you picked it. She motioned for me to continue on, jotting down some notes on her paper and adjusting her glasses on the bridge of her nose. Yes... I smiled wide. I'll be singing Lipstick on the Glass by Wolf Alice. I crossed my arms in front of me. I...I...I picked it because... Oh crap, the stutters, say it. My eyes left her and went to Sky, my Sawyer. I picked this song because it gives me goosies. My interpretation of it is that it's about forgiveness and starting over, even when you've been betrayed. I could have explained more bluntly, I could have said it was about forgiving a lover who had cheated on you, but I knew that was the petty answer and I wasn't one to cast low blows. The melody came in and I began to hum to the music...

I take you back
Yeah, I know it seems surprising
When there's lipstick still on the glass...

Though we're fighting different wars
In our ways,

And the full moon rising
But it's me who makes myself mad...

I take you back. It was a no brainer. Who could compete with an Alpha? There was no other Sawyer, there would never be. Just like I'd never look at another Taco Truck the same again or watch the Grinch Stole Christmas without thinking of him. There was no other you...It was time to stop living out of the confines of a fairytale. The song ended...

The lady didn't so much as look up from her paper. Next! She called out. The next contestant arrived at the stage but I stood frozen in place. Wait... Now's your chance, there went the Brit narrator voice again. Wait... I repeated myself until I got her attention. Miss Alina... - It will only be one second, I promise. My feet guided me closer to the edge of the stage. I didn't care if I got the part anymore, there was something I wanted more....

I...I love you so much. My eyes began to fill and burned with the light as I searched for his. So much my heart could b-burst... I meant it, I never meant anything more. I...I um...I understand if you don't feel the same way anymore, but I need to know...If you... I couldn't get the words out. If you feel the same way...can you meet me outside of the theatre in five minutes? The lady turned around to look at who I was talking to and then turned back around with a judgmental look on her face, probably because of the bruises. My stomach dropped when I got the question out, so afraid of the answer.

Re: The End of The World · Posted Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:20 pm
Vincent Byrne · (Protagonist
)
Vincent Byrne

What would you say if I showed you heaven?

“What the hell…”

The innocence of her invitation had been delivered with unspoken and veiled caveats that I buried like bones. Despite the size of my fucked mental graveyard it still had room to spare, I still had chips to bargain. I’d rented plots with ignorance as currency and received temporary bliss as change. Ignoring all of the bad just to be spared a moment of her good. Did she know? To see her filled me with a yearning so fucking vast it could fill the expanding emptiness I carried within, miles of vacant real estate once occupied by souvenirs of time. The only proof of their existence was inked into my skin like roadmaps to a place that no longer was. It was land once populated with souls long since kidnapped by the gods; Their remains scavenged by my vulturous eyes and what the Gods conveniently mislabeled a ‘’gift’’. It haunted me. This land had been plagued by an eternal night until she brought with her a fucking sunrise. Even versions of people I carried in my own memory couldn’t stand to live within me. Their spirits had left, little did I know their memory had also purchased one way tickets outta dodge, their fucking flight had just been delayed. I couldn’t blame them, even I didn’t want to be stuck in my head, it was a fucking haunted house. They were fleeing from me while Alina Olivia Byrne was inviting me near. My desire for her reached the darkest and most remote corners of my being. Why can’t I stop fucking loving you.

I couldn’t ignore the symbolism. Like the moon and sun, eternally separated by the line where light and shadow meet, there I sat. In the shadow of the audience, while every beautiful fucking inch of her was kissed by light. My sun, I could watch you rise forever. My elbow propped on the armrest while my eyes stared at the stage.. As far as I was concerned, the space around me had disintegrated. I was immersed, sucked into the fantasy, not of the play, but of her. Why did you come here? You shouldn’t have fucking come here. My fist was pressed firmly against my mouth, holding my head up. As though the thought warranted a fucking punch to the teeth, my pose had taken initiative to match the consequence. Just listen to her. My chest rose and fell over and over again, my own heart simulating a marathon within my ribcage as I sat fucking motionless. Like an anchor to keep me from leaping onto that stage, my claws dug into the armrest. My jaw clenched, the urge to touch her, to fucking smell her… I can’t do this anymore. My knee bounced up and down rapidly as I gripped onto the fabric tighter. I can’t fucking do this anymore. I hung on every fucking word. I always did. Waiting for a hello, a goodnight, a fucking emoji, anything to see her name appear on my screen. You’re so fucking pathetic. Time hadn’t healed shit. It had only ever extended my fucking prison sentence.

Everything had gone quiet, and the sound of Helen Kellers voice cutting into the momentary silence made me flinch. I blinked as I was suddenly and violently sucked back into reality. The heaviness above my eyes lifted, and claws retracted when Lina refused to leave the stage. What the hell is she doing? Her eyes weren’t on Helen Keller, they were looking beyond, bravely scanning the dark. I hadn’t a fucking clue what she was doing until she spoke again, and I started to pull my head away from my fist. My eyes immediately went white to give hers a target, and the second she said ”I love you” I instinctively looked around and behind me, prepared to find someone else, a dumb fuck coven leader, or anyone at all. She’s talking to you, idiot. Was this why she’d invited me? What the fuck are you doing now? I was upright. I don’t remember even fucking standing up… Before she could even finish speaking I was climbing over rows of chairs, and then running toward the stage like I’d suddenly ditched my Alpha career for one as an olympic hurdler. I’ve waited long enough. Five minutes is too fucking long. The trek to the stage, and the act of me climbing onto it had made almost every inch of me sore. Every bruise seemed to have been pressed like a misery button, sending signals to my pain receptors while my brain flooded with fucking oxytocin and dopamine and serotonin and every other good feeling that had been suppressed since the day she stopped being mine. I still hadn’t taken my eyes off of her. I didn’t give a fuck how bad it hurt, and continued not giving a fuck when I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her right there on stage. I fucking kissed her. I could feel the adrenaline masking my physical pain, as though her fucking kiss alone was the cure, and had been all along. Gods she smelled so fucking good. I hugged her so tight her feet lifted off the ground. And in the time it took for Helen Keller to try to interrupt not once, not twice, but three times my lips hadn’t left hers.

I fucking love you.

Re: The End of The World · Posted Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:21 pm
)
Alina Byrne
One day, someday, was today. This was it ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for. Does he love her back? Does he love me back? Find out in next week's episode at seven p.m. eastern standard time...

In my head, It was more like the next Paramount pictures, at the end of the movie when you're cheering for your 'one true pairing' to realize what everyone else knew within the first two minutes of the whole two hours and thirty one minutes of the film. Get back together, idiots! It was always clear to everyone but the two that they were made for each other. It was like when Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big got back together at the end of Sex and the City the movie. They broke up for the stupidest reason too, it was clear that the two loved each other more than anyone or anything. By the end of the film, it was proven that their love was fireproof and that sometimes opposites do attract. His cold hard glare brought about a soothing I had never known, always. To think it all started at a stupid party, then continued at a grocery store, then taco truck...

The time spent apart felt like an eternity, a chain of total agony. I'm glad I didn't stay home. I had spent a night in jail for "obstruction of justice" with a hulk-of-a-man and then met the love of my freaking life shortly after that, which just so happened to be Hulk's cousin. Who just so happened to be a wolf, and not just any wolf, but an Alpha. My life truly was Paramount and everyone, including myself, had been waiting for this moment. I think we're going to win this time...

This, while it made zero sense, made perfect sense. I felt my eyes disappear behind a familiar smile, one I had forgotten all about until this exact moment in time. It's crazy, but even though I couldn't see him, I could feel him coming towards me. What the Associate Director was saying was inaudible to me, I was frozen in place, crinkle by my eyes as I tried to keep them open. I didn't want to miss a single thing. I couldn't freaking believe it. I felt like Mia Thermopolis at the end of Princess Diaries, Part three is coming out b-t-w. When he wrapped his arms around me, I felt I had gotten everything I ever wanted. All the other little things that plagued me before today, my father, my brothers, all of it didn't matter...

I've never felt this much love, never. And I was holding my composure when he kissed me because I had been dreaming about it for what felt like a million years. I had to be resuscitated, somebody call a freaking ambulance? He must have been carrying all my body weight because I was limp, I swear I was melting right here on the stage. Say goodbye to the part of Sophie, but I think now it means I had my Sky back, right? I didn't realize I was crying until I pulled away for a moment to look into his eyes, as if to question, are you sure about this....this time? I wish I hadn't because I could really see how bad he was hurting. When you hurt, I hurt. I whispered, soothing his cheek with the back of my palm. I love you... My voice was low, but I hadn't realized I still had the headset on. I had been biting my tongue for months.

This is very sentimental. However, I will need to call security if you do not remove yourselves from the stage. The Production Director announced through her microphone. The last thing I wanted was for us both to end up in opposite ends of a jail cell. I wrapped my arms around him dragging him from the stage, but never once did my lips leave his. There was no way the Producers would rain on my parade. Once we got back stage I couldn't stop kissing him, the kisses came faster than I ever allowed, and they weren't stopping. Not even to catch air, and oh, how I needed air. I'd rather drop freaking dead than to stop. I tippy-toed, my nose smushing into his, obstructing air even more. I love... I was eating his face like if this was a pie-eating contest. You...I love you...I love... I couldn't stop, I needed him to know. I love you so much baby. I smiled at him, eyes disappearing.

I can't lose you again. I announced, jumping onto him, my legs cradled along his waist as I continued to kiss him from off the ground. You promise you're not going anywhere? I asked, eyes wide and staged on him. Happy Birthday Sawyer... I had so much bats in my stomach I swore my appendix had ruptured.

And they lived happily ever after.

End Credits.

Re: The End of The World · Posted
Sponsored content · ()

power_settings_newLogin to reply